Leading with laughter

Senior+Garrett+Domier+leads+the+first+ASB+meeting+of+the+year.+

Senior Garrett Domier leads the first ASB meeting of the year.

Humor is not usually the first trait that describes a leader. Senior Garrett Domier, however, has learned his comedic energy will assist him as he tackles the role of ASB President.

Domier’s personality was evident when he auditioned to be an anchor on ETV at the end of his freshman year.

“I felt like the school could really use a beautiful face and an even more beautiful voice to communicate some captivating details, like announcements,” Domier said. “I also just wanted to keep Chadi off ETV.”

The relationships between Domier and his friends played a key role in his weekly ETV feature, “Dear Garrett,” where students, including senior Chadi Tarazi, a long-time friend of Domier, sent in emails with basic campus questions.

“The Chadi letters are definitely fan favorites,” Domier said.

Throughout his appearances on “Dear Garrett”, Domier later utilized his delivery skills to be elected as ASB President.

“I wanted to be ASB President just because I had been in ASB for two years prior,” Domier said. “It was honestly my favorite part of being at Santa Margarita.”

Domier’s outlook and enjoyment of his position pushes him to be a charismatic leader both on and off campus.

“Humor is an essential quality in leadership,” Domier said. “People find it easy to rally around a leader that is humorous because they can relate.”

Though early in the morning, Domier opens every ASB meeting with a smile, ready for the opportunity to make people excited to be at Santa Margarita.

“I like planning activities that make students happy,” Domier said.