Dear stress, let’s break up

The daily struggles of junior year will eventually pay off.

Anyone else have nail-biting stress over the little things?

courtesy

Reminiscing about freshman and sophomore year bring back so many mixed emotions – cons include being the senior target; pros include getting more than four hours of sleep at night.

But the real question is: who else is drowning in homework and thanking the Lord if they get in bed before 11 p.m.?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is junior year. The academic whirlwind has just begun!

My day would be considered perfect if I got a 20 minute rest break from homework, sports, clubs and the household chores (the most important, duh). From rushing to complete math homework to cramming in last minute vocabulary terms, I don’t get a minute to rest.

My middle school art teacher would say “suck it up.” Oh how I miss that class – no homework, paint and lots of chatter, unlike this year’s classes.

I may sound like a pessimist and you may be right, but I have my reasons. But after becoming mindful of my education, I am aware of the endless opportunities that await, like an law firm internship in NYC.

Though crying and hiding under the safety of my bed sheets sounds like the ideal getaway, I know I’m not a quitter. I’ll take the challenge.

AP and IB courses are not the enemy because the amount of knowledge and ideals taught will benefit any student. Whether you are a borderline 4.0 or 5.0 genius, SMCHS’ rigorous academics are designed to set a foundation for students’ scholastic future. The ACT and SAT also lay in the scheme for college assessments.

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world,” Nelson Mandela said.

Learning is disciplinary and structured, even though it is the source of my stress. I want to be pushed to reach my full potential, even if that includes a daily mental breakdown. Life is full of ups and downs, good and bad, fairies and dragons – life is strange and beautiful.

So as I sacrifice my social and sleeping schedule, I accept the chaos. But I look forward to the success that lies ahead.

I can see my future now; the city life and busy streets. New York City, see you in 2 years!