Successful rush

Students attended the annual Club Rush event to explore organizations and get involved.

Kendal Orrantia

Over 80 clubs gathered in the school gym for the annual Club Rush event on Sept. 27.

Many of this year’s clubs are centered around service and charism.  Clubs like Red Cross Club, the SM Pet Project and the Pink Ribbon Club reach out to the less fortunate and raise awareness for issues like cancer, homelessness and animal cruelty.

“There are a lot of animals in shelters around our area,” said senior and founder of the Pet Project Club, Giana Brutocao.  “This club saves animals from being put to sleep and gets them to a new home.”

In addition to service, many clubs offer fun activities for students to participate in.  For example, the Hacky Sack Club is a place for students to simply play hacky sack, while the Grub Club meets monthly to eat food together.

“[Grub Club] is a club where we enjoy good food and learn about different cuisines,” said senior and Treasurer of Grub Club, Jack Barrera.

With over 80 student-run organizations to choose from, students have multiple opportunities to pursue their interests, meet new people and get involved around the school.

“I signed up for almost every club,” said senior Gillian Yosenick.  “I’m really excited.”