2022 FIFA World Cup Played in the Caritas Christi Center

Luke Soliman

Students watching the FIFA World Cup

The 2022 FIFA World Cup is a highly anticipated event, and many students are excited to watch the games. Starting just last month the 2022 FIFA World Cup had started with 32 teams and is heading into the quarterfinals. The teams heading into the quarterfinals include: Argentina, Brazil, Croatia, England, France, Morocco, Netherlands, and Portugal/Switzerland.

For those students who want to watch the games during the school day, the Caritas Christi center is a great place to do so. The center is typically a vibrant space, with students coming and going to socialize, eat, and relax. With the addition of two TV screens and comfortable seating, the space is perfect for students to watch the matches.

“The whole idea behind the Caritas Christi center is that it is a place where activities and campus ministry live as a place for students to come together” said Mr. Visconti. “As long as we are in school while the world cup is going we will have the games on the T.V. for anyone that wants to come in during lunch or break”

Students have been rushing to the room during there lunch break to watch the exciting games going on

“I like the atmosphere in the room with everyone watching,” said Andy Salgado. “I enjoy how hype it gets with everyone yelling, cheering, and screaming.”

Overall, watching the World Cup in the ASB room during lunchtime can be an enjoyable experience for high school students. With the right planning and preparation, it can be a great way for students to come together and share in their love of soccer.

Chart
Who are SM students rooting for in the world cup (Luke Soliman)