The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Mischievous Mastermind Taylor Swift Announces New Album

Here is what the Swifties have placed together so far

At the 2024 Grammy Awards Show, Taylor Swift quickly announced the release of her new album right after winning her 13th Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album. Swift fans believed she would release her infamous Reputation (Taylor’s Version) album as a re-record, taking back ownership. However, she shocked viewers with the announcement of a new album. The secret kept for two years is revealed, Swift saying her “brand-new album comes out April 19th. It’s called the Tortured Poets Department. I am going to go and post the cover right now backstage.”

Swift posted the track list for her new album, highlighting sixteen songs and a bonus track called “The Manuscript.” Other tracks entail: “Down Bad,” “So Long London,” “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived,” “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can),” and “loml.” Two featured artists on the album include Post Malone and Florence and the Machine.

Ever since the announcement, Swfities have been scouring the internet in search of hidden clues and meanings. According to skeptics, the title alludes to her ex-lover, Joe Alwyn. Alwyn revealed in an interview with Paul Mescal that he was in a group chat named “The Tortured Man Club.”

While beginning her third leg of the Eras Tour in Tokyo on Wednesday, Swift told thousands of fans in the audience that she had started forming the album right after she released Midnights. “I worked on it throughout the US tour. Soon we’ll get to hear it together.”