The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Winter Formal

Eagles review the latest dance: WOFO

This past weekend students at Santa Margarita California geared up for Winter Formal. This year the dance took place at the renowned Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. The aquarium nestled along the coastline of Long Beach offered students a immersive experience with touch pools and floor to ceiling tanks. Many Eagles wanted to share about their experiences at the highly anticipated dance.

First was sophomore Milla VanBroekhoven. “I really liked that the winter formal was held at the aquarium. It combined learning about marine life and conservation with a fun dance” said VanBroekhoven. Her favorite part of the dance? Taking pictures with her friends all dressed up.

Next, Sophia Graber a new transfer student, spoke about Winter Formal. “You could tell a lot of thought was put into it” said Graber. She also enjoyed the idea of the dance being at the aquarium. Her favorite part of the night was taking pictures and being around close friends.

Camille Strier, another wofo attendee, said her favorite part was the music. “It was really fun. The fish were really cool, especially the sea anemone” said Strier.

All the girls really loved Winter Formal as a night to be with their favorite people in the magical Aquarium of the Pacific. However all three had the same one critique.

“I kind of wish it was closer” said Graber

“Yeah it was definitely a little further than I thought” said VanBroekhoven.

“I would probably make the dance closer and not as remote next time” said Strier.

Overall Winter Formal was a success bringing together all students for a night of dancing, music and marine exhibits.