The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Academic Period at Santa Margarita

How do the students of SM spend their academic periods?

During academic period, many students choose to go to their classes to get extra help or talk with their friends. This is not the case for Santa Margarita’s sophomore Serena Sweetland. She instead uses this time to go to the sculpture room in B12. There, she can freely sculpt whatever she wants. Once, she found out she could go to sculpture, she started going everyday. ” Since I don’t have an art class elective, this is a way to be able to do art and be creative. Also I do it with my friends so we can all hang out while sculpting,”said Sweetland.

Next we have Sydney Altro. During academic period she prefers hanging out with her friends in front of the student store. “This is my favorite part of the day because all my friends can be together. During lunch, some people have first or second lunch, but after school, everyone’s all together,” said Altro.

Lastly, Olive Taylor says that her favorite academic period activity is to get help from her teachers. “This is the perfect time to get help and study for upcoming tests,” said Taylor.

Each of the student body of SM, has a different opinion about Academic Period. While some like to go to their classes with their teacher, or talk with their friends some like to explore the arts provided by SM. This shows how diverse our student body is and the special interests of our students.