The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Social Media and Its Influence

It is common that the first thing people do when they wake up is turn on their phone and open social media. Whether it’s Instagram, Tiktok, or Snapchat, humans today use social media for a variety of reasons. Some use it for entertainment, others for work, some even use it as their news source.  

Whether we like it or not, social media is one of the platforms in the world that influences the most people, especially the younger generations. The first popularized social media app, Facebook, paved the way for millions of other apps to take way in influencing people as they download the app and scroll their endless posts, videos, tweets, and more.  

While social media does influence us, it remains a great way for making connections with people across the world. As app users follow their favorite creators, they form bonds with them because of their great influence. This influence can be powerful, which is why social media creators, otherwise known as influencers, are called to recognize their power, and set a leading example for their followers. 

As we open any social media app today, we can recognize just how much our favorite influencer has on our daily lives.