The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Katherine Rackohn Breaks Down her Picks for Events this Year

Katherine Rackohn, Sophomore Secretary gives an inside look on what events too look forward to this year.

Katherine Rackohn, the Sophomore secretary explains her picks for what SMCHS events she most excited for this year. The first is Socomun.

Rackohn is not only the Sophomore secretary but also a chair for the upcoming Socomun conference. Socomun is the first MUN, or model united nations conference of the year, and SM is hosting! This is an exciting opportunity for delegates to showcase their talents in debating and sharing their MUN ideas with their committees.

Rackohn also runs the Instagram and is excited to announce to all the awaiting Sophomores that they can finally attend their first school dance, Homecoming!

“We’ve been planning and working really hard to make this the best homecoming dance yet! I’m so excited to finally go to a school dance and I just want it to be perfect” Rakohn said.

She is also super excited for Winter Formal coming up, and said planning has already begun. Her love for planning and wanting to have a say in what ASB plans, had incentivized her to run for Secretary in the first place.

“I really want to represent the voice of the Sophomore Class!”