No more mask mandate

On March 12, masks are officially not required to be worn at school anymore!

In recent months, mask mandates have been dropped everywhere but hospitals and schools. However, it was announced that Gavin Newsome and the California Department of Public Health have decided that masks will not be required, but strongly recommended in schools.

Students across campus are thrilled to hear this news, after over a year of having to wear masks every day to school, and not being able to see the faces of one another.

Katherine Stensby, 22′, expresses “I can’t wait to be able to see everyone’s smiling faces after the mask mandate is lifted.”

Many students are also happy that the mask mandate is lifting because it will begin to grow the social environment that has been a struggle lately.

“I am a very sociable person, and it is way easier to communicate and connect with the people around me without having to wear a mask.” said Morgan Davies 22′.

Overall, the majority of the SM population is happy about the mask mandate being lifted but is completely respectful of the people that are going to choose to wear a mask still.

“It is completely understandable that some people are going to continue wearing a mask, and it 100% makes sense why some people would choose to keep them on,” said Alexander Durham, 22′.

The students here at school are excited for the opportunities and connections that they can continue to build, and it will make things much easier now that the mask mandate is lifted.