Kristin Bennington

Kristin Bennington

Photo Courtesy of Kristin Bennington

“I remember being all wide-eyed, sitting on the bleachers of the Moiso Pavilion during freshman orientation and being given the piece of advice, “Try everything you can that our school has to offer you.” I really took it to heart. Throughout my four years, I’ve been on SMCHS’s tennis, soccer, swim and club beach volleyball team. I dabbled in Performing and Visual Arts with my electives, joined clubs, started a club, was a Student Ambassador and I became a Peer Minister my senior year. I tried my best to go to as many football games, basketball games, retreats and school dances as possible. I’m so thankful that I chose to be as involved with SMCHS as I did, because through it I learned the value of time management, compassion, hard work and fun. I’m so thankful for all the experiences and memories that I’ve made, and all the people that I’ve met these past four, full years. Looking back I wouldn’t have changed anything about it because as cliché as it sounds, it all shaped me into who I am today. Whether you’re a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or even graduate of high school, I just want to relay the same piece of advice that I was given. Try everything you can that SMCHS, and even life, has to offer you. It’s never to early or to late to start something.”