The student news site of Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

The Eagle Eye

Magically Miraculous

Join the excitement for the next season of an unexpected hit
Magically Miraculous

A magical world with a girl who can turn into a ladybug might seem like the last show a high schooler would watch, but it has surprisingly captured the attention of many. Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir debuted as a children’s cartoon in France, before catching the attention of teens worldwide.

The central focus of the show has shifted from a child to a teen audience as it gained traction from the teenage community.

One aspect that appeals to this audience appears in how the story follows the anxieties and excitements of high school life. Glimpsing into the mystical world, the protagonist, Marinette, is given special earrings that allow her to turn into a superhero, Ladybug, to fight the supervillain, “Hawk Moth”. Fighting along her side, Adrien, or Chat Noir, works to defeat Hawk Moth’s impressive villains with her.

Both heroines must keep their identities secret, and struggle to balance their regular and double life. The most shocking aspect: neither superhero knows that they are in love with each other.

Within the show, Marinette is in love with Adrien, yet dismisses Chat Noir, since she does not know they are the same person. Chat Noir is in love with Ladybug, but he does not like Marinette. The ironic encounters between the two attract watchers to witness their absurd and silly encounters and thrilling fights between good and evil.

Taking place in France, high school is romanticized and allows viewers to dream about an alternate life filled with magic, beautiful scenery, and adventure.

After 5 successful seasons, anticipation is heightened for season 6, and viewers are hoping for Adrien and Marinette to finally reveal their secret identities to each other. The episodes are available on Disney Plus and are predicted to come out by the end of 2024. Hopes are high that new episodes will be truly miraculous.