The Eagle Eye

Spooky staff

Teachers and faculty members dress up in costumes for the annual Halloween costume contest.

Kendal Orrantia, Feature Editor

The staff Halloween costume contest is a much-anticipated school tradition.  With high stakes and hysterical laughs, teacher departments and individuals dress up in spirited costumes to win prizes and the title of “Best Costume.”

“I love seeing all the creative individuals and department themes,” said math teacher David Hirschman.  “There have been a lot of clever ideas and insane costumes over the years.”

Hirschman was one of the four teachers who won for Best Individual Costume.  Taking inspiration from the new film The Mummy, he dressed up as a fully-costumed Egyptian pharaoh.

“My wife dressed up as Cleopatra this year and I used a YouTube tutorial on how to do the makeup for Anubis,” Hirschman said.

The other winning teachers included French and AP Psychology teacher Christine Veilleux and Associate Activities Director Christopher Barry.  Veilleux creatively dressed as a bug-infested table with Raid repellant.  Barry channeled his inner gangster in a bright gold jumpsuit and studded hat.

“Most people do not know this, but I am actually MC Hammer’s mentor from back in the day,” Barry said.

The winning departments this year included the Deans and Admissions Office, the Campus store and Campus Ministry.  The Deans and Admission Office dressed up as a “biker gang” with tattoo sleeves, bandanas, and leather jackets.  The Campus store took inspiration from the television game show, The Price is Right, while Campus Ministry dressed as the entire cast of the Lord of the Rings.

All individuals and departments put great effort and thought into their costumes for the annual costume contest.  Their prizes included a catered meal for the departments and fun gift cards for the individual winners.

“It was a great feeling to win,” Barry said.  “But it was even better to see all of the other amazing and deserving costumes on campus.”